O N E Y E A R.
I can’t believe it has been a whole year since I decided to create Redeem Cliche! Some of you have been around since day one, and others are new readers! Either way, I am SO GLAD you’re here reading this and wish I could give you all a big bear hug!! This first year of blogging has been a huge learning process for me. This blog has become a home for my thoughts, passions, and dreams. It’s a place where I can express myself the way I do best…through writing. And the best part is, I have met SO many amazing people and fellow bloggers through this whole exerience!
When I first created Redeem Cliche, I was looking for a way to share my love for all things beauty with others. It was kind of like a hobby for me… but now, it’s so much more! It’s a lifestyle. It is something that has opened my eyes to find inspiration everywhere I go, and it taught me how to really put myself out there!…Which may have been the scariest part for me in the beginning. I am blown away at the opportunities and doors that have opened for me since starting my blogging career. I am also amazed at how much my confidence has grown, since.
Redeem Cliche is all about truly living your style in your own authentic way. It’s about recreating your style in a way no one has ever seen before because we are ALL unique and we all have something amazing to offer this world! I strive to reach out to a broad audience, and to be a place where everyone can relate and feel at home! In creating this blog, it has in turn created me. Redeem Cliche has insired me in more ways than I can count, and it has my heart! ❤
To celebrate my very first blogiversary, I am going to list 12 things I’ve learned, including tips for those of you out there who are wanting to start up a blog of your own! A tip for each month I have been blogging!
I hope you find this helpful! ❤
- We all gotta start somewhere. Something really important I have learned through blogging is to NEVER compare myself to others. It can be so easy to see others successes over our own, but you have to remember that comparing yourself to others is not fair on either end! We are all different, we all go about blogging in a different way, and we all have different goals in the end. Don’t ever compare your beginning to someone elses middle. You might not be where you want to be yet, but trust me, it’s only the beginning. Hard work pays off, and your dreams and goals are just around the corner for you! All you have to do is get started.
- If you don’t believe in yourself, who will? Like I mentioned before, blogging is completely putting yourself and your creations out there for the world! It can be a really scary thing. But the minute you stop worrying about what could go wrong, is the minute everything starts to go right. No successful person EVER got there by telling themselves they couldn’t do it. If you want to start up a blog, DO IT! Don’t let your self doubts, worries, or anything keep you from making your dreams happen! There are already way too many critics out there…don’t become your worst one!
- You define your own success. When I first started blogging, I was constantly worrying about the statistics of my blog. I wanted people to read my blog, and I wanted them to love what they were reading. My sweet husband helped me realize that this is something I created for fun. Yes, I have very real long term goals for my blog. However, never let anything get in the way of the fun you have when you are blogging. I truly believe that there is not one true definition of success…I believe it means something different for everyone. Always do your best, always put your whole heart and effort into each post, be proud of what you are doing, what you have accomplished, and what you will one day accomplish by keeping this up! Eyes on the prize, loves!
- Consistency is KEY!! Sometimes life gets overwhelming and it may be hard to find time to put together a great blog post. By making it a priority, I promise you’ll be able to make it work! You want your readers to know they can count on seeing new content on your blog on a steady, regular basis…not just randomly here and there.
- Don’t be afraid to try new things! Some of the blog posts that I have had the most fun with were ones that I would’ve never planned to do originally. Your readers will love your creativity and that only makes you stand out even more! You don’t have to wait for other bloggers to pave the way for you…create your own path and do it with confidence!
- Interact with other bloggers. Read and comment on their posts, and reply when they do the same for you. Collaborate with other blogs and brands! Most of the fun of blogging is gaining new friends and connections along the way!
- Always be true to your brand. When you create a blog, you are also creating a brand for yourself. Make sure that with every post, with every comment, you are honoring that brand and sticking to what you stand for. Your readers are there for a reason! They like what you’re saying, and what it is that you are representing or creating. Don’t stray from that, and always remember what your blog is about! You want to be relateable to your readers.
- Keep up with the trends! The beauty industry is an always-changing industry. There is ALWAYS something new and fresh to blog about if you keep your eyes open and look for inspiration wherever you go!
- Aim for picture perfect! Photos are SO imortant in the blogging world. It’s the first thing to capture the attention of your readers and followers. Try to put a lot of effort into the quality of your photos. If you’re not a photographer, there are SO many tips and tricks out there *cough, pinterest, cough* to help you learn how to get the most out of your pictures! Props and poses go a long way in turning a basic selfie, to a blog worthy photo!
10. Get on social media!! We live in a very tech based world. The more social media you expose your blog to, the greater your audience will be. Don’t go crazy and join all of the social media sites, though. lol You want to make sure you have time to actually keep those sites updated! Currently, I only have an instagram, pinterest, and facebook page for my blog and that keeps me plenty busy!
- You do NOT have to be rich to be a blogger. Trust me… I’m a newlywed. lol There are SO MANY things to create, discuss, and showcase on your blog! You don’t have to buy a new wardrobe every month, and you don’t have to own the latest and greatest of everything. If you can create something beautiful and new out of an older outfit, some cheaper makeup, or whatever it is you choose…THAT is talent and THAT is something that the majority of your readers can relate to. No need to break the bank, because I can assure you… it isn’t realistic for a lot of your readers to go out and buy all of those expensive items either. Your writing and your creative outlet is what makes the material of your blog new and fresh…not the items!
- Understand the kind of blogger you want to be. Before I started Redeem Cliche, I thought really hard about what kind of influnece I wanted to be. I love when bloggers make you feel like you really know them, like you would totally be friends if you knew them in real life! That’s the kind of thing that I strive to apply into my blog posts. I want my readers to know that the’yre part of the RC fam, that I’m there for them, and that I work to create fun and interesting posts with them in mind! What kind of blogger do you want to be? How do you want your readers to feel when they go to your site?
And there you have it!! Basically a novel of things I have learned from being a part of the blogging world, and trust me, I could go on…lol But I’ll spare you, at least until next blogiversary hehe!
I really believe that these tips can help you fellow bloggers out there or those looking to start a blog.The blogging world is an amazing one, and I am SO EXCITED to welcome you to it!
I just want to finish off by thanking each and every one of you who read my posts, who follow my blog and social media accounts, and for all of those who have encouraged me along the way! Your comments mean more to me than you know and there is no way I could do any of this without you. You guys have made my first year of blogging an incredible journey that I will never forget and I LOVE YOU!!!
❤ ❤ ❤
Happy first birthday, Redeem Cliche! Let’s make this next year one for the books!!