Hello loves! Fun fact for you…this last summer, I was lucky enough to get married to the love of my life! We have been married for just five months now, so I’m still new to the whole wifey thing;) My husband has helped me learn so much about myself, and I know there’s still so much to learn in this crazy thing called life!
My hubby and I both share in the whole, cooking and cleaning thing…and we’ve learned a tip or two that make daily tasks a zillionnnnnn times easier!! It also helps to give my mom a call…as a mother of five she’s a total pro by now lol. So whether you’re dating, married, or livin’ that single life…I hope these random little life hacks will be beneficial to you and your home:D
- “WASHING DISHES IS SO MUCH FUN!!” — said no one EVER. I hate doing the dishes, it’s like one of my least favorite things ever haha. But I found out an awesome trick to make it go by so much faster!! You no longer need to chizzle away, trying to get baked-on food off your dishes…ditch the scrubber, and use ALUMINUM FOIL! Seriously! Tear off a small bit, scrunch it up into a ball, and scrub away…for like a whole three seconds:D I so wish I would’ve known about this years ago…
- Need to freshen up the smell of your home, but can’t cause a fire hazard by leaving candles going all day? Pour some Pine Sol into little cups, then place the cups in the rooms in need! When my husband and I first moved into our apartment, it kind of reeked of smoke (thank you to whoever lived there before us…grrrr lol) Thank goodness for Pine Sol, because this simple trick cleared that scent right up, and replaced it with a fresh, lemon scent!
- Hydrogen Peroxide for days!! It’s ridiculous how many uses there are for that stuff! You can use it for whitening your teeth and nails, getting stains out of basically anything and everything, it’s an awesome disinfectant for the home as well as sponges and wood, food prep, and wound healing! I could go on and on…This is definitely a must-have product for your home!
- Instead of throwing away orange or lemon peels, put them down the garbage disposal! It makes your kitchen smell like citrusy amazingness.
- This one is kind of obvious…but I use Pinterest for everything! No matter how little groceries you might have, you can find a delicious recipe to make something out of nothing! My husband and I have so much fun trying out new recipes, and finding substitutes for different ingredients!
- A super easy and lazy way to clean your microwave, is definitely not by scrubbing and killing your arms! Instead, just microwave a bowl of water for a couple of minutes, and voilaa! Everything easily wipes away:) SO much better.
- You know those annoying water stains on the faucet? Those drive me crazy!! We’ve found that vinegar works wonders for getting rid of them! Vinegar is an awesome cleaning agent for a lot of different things. Even hair;) I always have to have vinegar around at home!
- When you’re cooking a meal…ALWAYS make enough for leftovers! It makes eating meals for the next day, a breeze lol
- Have you ever seen those canvas shoe organizers that hang over the door? Since I’m a shoe addict, those never have enough slots to hold a majority of my shoes…hehe, oops. So instead, we hung it on our bathroom door and it now holds our products, cleaning supplies, my hair ties, straightening/curling irons, and all that kind of stuff!
- Not only does baking soda help to clean teeth, but it’s also a great cleanser! You can sprinkle some on your carpet and vacuum it up afterwards, or even use it for bath tubs and other household things.
And that’s it for my little homemaking tips that I’ve learned over the last 5 months:)! A lot of you may have already known about these tricks, but I hope you find some of them helpful! I know they’ve really helped me out so far… haha
Anyways, I absolutely love learning about new life hacks ( cough, cough “wife hacks”) SOOOOO if you have any that you would like to share, PLEASE share your wisdom in a comment below! And if you did find this post helpful, go ahead and show that “like” button some love:)