The very first time I ever set foot into a LUSH store, I knew it was the beginning of a beautiful friendship. It’s seriously a product junkie HEAVEN. If you’ve never been to LUSH, then you need to know that all of their products are either vegetarian or vegan, and everything is handmade and 100% all natural. Even down to the packaging! They also don’t do any animal testing, which makes me love them even more! Aside from all of the amazing things that the company stands for, I soon found out how awesome their products are! I even got my husband to try some of their products and he loves how they work for him as well.
Here’s a little review about our recent LUSH splurges…
(from left to right)
- Cinnamon and Clove Shampoo Bar– Yeah, you read that right! Shampoo BAR! I thought this product sounded like the coolest thing ever, since I had never heard of a solid form of shampoo before! LUSH actually makes a lot of their products without containers, in order to keep it even more environmentally friendly! So as you can see, there are literally pieces of cinnamon bark in the bar.The reason I bought this shampoo, is because I have been in the super fun ( sarcasm) process of growing out my hair…and that’s exactly what this product targets! Not gonna lie, this product was kind of hard for me to get used to at first. It literally feels like you’re rubbing a bar of soap in your hair. But once you get passed that, you’ll quickly realize how awesome this thing is! The cinnamon is so stimulating on your scalp, which helps to increase blood flow and ultimately speed up your hair growth process. I love how clean it makes my scalp feel, and because it also contains rosemary herbs, it helps to add softness and shine to your hair! Plus, it’ll leave your whole bathroom smelling like spicy, cinnamon:) I’d totally recommend this product!
- Roots Hair Treatment– So this is basically a deep conditioning treatment. Again, this is another product meant for hair growth. It’s actually made with thin hair in mind, but my hair is ridiculously thick and I’ve actually seen really good results in my hair growth since I started using this! Similar to the cinnamon shampoo, this treatment is extremely stimulating on your scalp because it’s made with peppermint and spearmint oils. Because of that, it also has a cooling effect to it that I like! If you’re wanting to grow out your hair, I really recommend using this with the cinnamon shampoo bar. It’s like a double threat;) But regardless, Roots leaves your hair feeling softer than ever! Definitely worth buying, in my opinion.
- Shine so Bright-Okay, this product kind of looks like a chapstick for your hair. It’s a coconut and olive oil split end treatment, but I also use it to tame away those crazy fly-aways! I really like the way that it gets rid of the dreaded, fried-end look to my hair! It’s also the perfect size to throw in your purse. The only downfall I have with this product, is that sometimes I find it hard to get enough product out of it. I end up getting impatient and instead of dipping into it, I’ll directly rub it onto my hair like lip balm! lol. It’s one of those products that you sometimes forget you have, but I love it when I actually remember to use it!
- Alright gentlemen…these next two products were ones my husband picked out:)
- Cosmetic Lad– Since I’m an esthetician, I had to teach my husband the importance of moisturizing…especially after shaving! This product is great because it’s more of a creamy consistency but it’s not too heavy! If you happen to have oily skin, you’ll be happy to know that this moisturizer has a matte finish and won’t leave your skin feeling greasy! If I’m gonna be completely honest here though, I have to say that my favorite thing about this product is that it smells like a straight up dreamsicle! Holy yummm…
- Dark Angels-You know how they say that a little bit goes a long way? That could not be more true when it comes to this product!! This is like probably one of the most intense exfoliants ever! Really though…it’s made from charcoal! Needless to say, this stuff is awesome. It may be super messy and all…but it does wonders for breakout-prone skin, and your face looks a million times brighter after using it! So I’d say it’s definitely worth the splurge. Trust me, that little container is going to last you FOREVER.
Alright, so that is it for this LUSH haul! But I have a feeling that there are going to be plenty more of these… 😉
I hope you found these reviews helpful! If you happen to try any of these products, let me know what you think of them! I’d also love to hear what your favorite lushie products are:)